Dear BGC Prayer Partners
There are a number of things in addition to the huge challenges to South Sudan that you could pray for at this moment. Thank you for all you do. Your prayers are keeping BGC working and effect amid much chaos.
- We give thanks for the students sitting their exams. We pray for them as they try to return home.
- Sadly Juba is not safe for people of the Nuer tribe and some of the other tribes from Jonglei. Most of them have retreated to safe havens and that includes our staff and students. I have just learned that Wal Geng (a very industrious and enterprising student) is now in Kakuma camp in Kenya. I am sure he will be working there with Bishop Moses to minister to the people of all tribes.
- Simon Lual is also a Nuer. I can report that he is completing his studies safely in Nairobi. He has the opportunity of a second year at Africa Inernational University if anyone can come up with $5000 for him.
- Pray for our principal Samuel as he has a two week holiday with his wife in Uganda.
Please pray for:
- Bishop Justin Badi of Maridi our chairman of governors. Bishop Justin hopes to study for an MA in September.
- Revd. Moses Kose (Juba Diocesan Secretary) who was very instrumental in getting BGC back up and running in 2009 and 2010. Moses is currently in South Africa studying as a guest of the Archbishop of Cape Town. He has asked for our prayers as he takes his exams 16th-20th June. Sadly he has no money to go home to see his family before he recommences his studies in September.
Blessings to you all,